Thursday, April 3, 2014

It Must be Really Great to be Meg Ryan

I don't think that I would mind

Being an icon of American entertainment, 


The romantic interest in a host of 90's classics,


A timeless vision of blue eyes and a lovable smile. 


She's cute even when she has a cold.


She is adorable and feisty 


And never seems to have to reap the consequences 


Of feisty rages at Tom Hanks/Billy Crystal/other male movie stars


The only consequences she reaps are those of love and success and happy endings. 


I don't know what she's up to these days


Because the 90's are over and I don't know her personally (unfortunately). 


I just know that 


She brought joy and 


Hope and 


Unrealistic romantic expectations 


To people all over America (the world?). 


She is a pretty great lady, 


And I'm not her. 


I mainly know this because I don't get much mail 


And I only know one person named Harry 


(his last name is Potter and he's slightly fictional)


And I've never been to Seattle. 


I love her characters, 


And I wish I was one of them


(or all of them?)


But characters aren't real.


People are real.


And I'm a person.


But still, it must be really great to be Meg Ryan. 


That is all. 


Love,
Lauralicious

No comments:

Post a Comment