Thursday, December 5, 2013

Salvation and School Supplies

I went to Walmart the other day and school supplies are on sale you guys! So I've already bought most of what I need for next semester. I feel so prepared. And that is a nice feeling. 

I love school supplies and office supplies a lot. It's because I love being organized. Does that mean that I am an organized person? No. It does not. My brain is always scattered. I think that is exactly why I like the things that surround me to be somewhat organized. 


I like paperclips and pens and thumbtacks and staplers and highlighters and scotch tape and sticky notes (I really really love sticky notes and use them all the time for everything) and page marker tab things and Sharpies. The whole works. I love it all. 


I was studying for a sign language exam last night, and I used a page marker tab thing (I don't know exactly what to call them) to flag a page for myself for later.



Here is a visual! Look how useful they are! 

Then later, I accidentally closed my book, and if it were not for that orange tab sticking out of the side of my book, I would have had to spend hours, if not days, searching for that one page that describes the proper way to ask a yes/no question in sign language. So I was thankful for the tab/page marker. And then I ended up using it over and over again because I had to keep going back to that page (but now I can successfully ask a yes/no question in sign language, among many other things!). 


When I am studying and feeling stressed, stress automatically translates into my emotions, so in addition to feeling stressed about school work, I feel melancholy and agitated at the same time. It's very weird. Last night, I was feeling this way. I was feeling sad about humanity, and then I realized something joyful. Maybe it's my crazy coming out, but I think that I am like one of the tab/page marker things. Jesus puts a tab on my page and comes back to me over and over until my page is dog-eared but He just keeps coming back to me because He loves me. He has called me by name, and I am His. 



Fear not, for I have redeemed you;  I have called you by name, you are mine.

... For I am the Lord your God,  the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
... Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.
..."You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servants whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He."
...
11 "I, I am the Lordand besides me there is no savior. I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and I am God."

... I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

 - Isaiah 43


This has potentially been my shortest blog post ever. It just looks long because of Isaiah, but those are not my words (they're Isaiah's words; I just really like them).


Just remember: you is kind, you is smart, you is important. And that is because Jesus makes you that way. Without Him, you're a blank page. Blank pages are highly frowned upon. They are helpless and terrible, and blank pages can't write themselves. Even if they try. They just can't. 


Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith, and He writes on our page and puts a tab/page marker on it - on us - on you, on me - so that He can keep coming back to us, again and again, because we are precious in His eyes, and honored, and He loves us. He says it Himself. He will not remember our sins, because that's what He decided to do. Because He is great and awesome (not awesome in a "oh that's cool" kind of way, but awesome in a "awe" kind of way. He's the best and ultimate kind of awesome). 


That's even better than already having school supplies for next semester. 


Love, 

Lauralicious

No comments:

Post a Comment