Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Food Places

I'm currently sitting at my favorite table at my favorite Mennonite-run coffee shop (All In). I don't have enough money to buy something every time I'm here so I'm not sipping peppermint tea or eating a blueberry muffin (if you have not had the blueberry muffins here, you absolutely have to because they are the most magically delicious things you will ever put into your mouth. I'm not joking.), but I'm just as happy as I would be if I were. I love this place. I love the snippets of conversations that I hear while I'm sitting here doing a lab report or something boring. I love running into people I know and giving them happy hugs and I love bringing friends here to experience the joys it brings.

You know those fondue fountains? They just flow with chocolate and they have waterfalls and they are just super cool. I've included a picture so you know exactly what I'm talking about.




This is how my heart feels about All In. It's ever flowing with love and happiness and joy for this beautiful happy place where I can come sit and enjoy life. There is no end to my passion for this place. You might think I can't go on and on and on talking about how truly scrumptious the blueberry muffin is, but you would be wrong. I can. It's honestly like I can't even help talking about it sometimes. I cannot contain my joy inside. 

It's kind of like I'm free advertisement for All In. But I can't even help myself. 

Anyways. 

I want to talk about both of my favorite happy food places. 

I love Chick-Fil-A. Back when I had a car I used to go there at least five times a week and the workers all knew my name (also one of my friends from church thought I worked there...but I didn't). And then I went to college and they hired a bunch of new people and now only a few people know my name. But it's still super wonderful.

Story: I was a nerd in high school and I was totally okay with that. I thoroughly enjoyed nerd-dom. Even though I was a nerd, I was somehow voted "Most Likely to Brighten Your Day" out of my class (just to prove my nerd-ness, I feel it necessary to say that when they announced the winners of the senior superlatives, I was in physics doing an experiment, barely listening to the intercom until I heard my name) and I was really honored and I felt super special and all that good stuff. But right after I found out, it was time for me to go home and I was too excited to go home and be alone and do homework all day, so I just went to Chick-Fil-A so I wouldn't be so lonely and hopefully I would see somebody I knew. And I did! I saw a bunch of people and it was super exciting and they were excited when I told them my fun news and then everybody was just excited together and it was awesome. 

Pretty much ever since the Clemson Chick-Fil-A opened, I've seen someone I knew every time I went there and that makes me so happy. A bunch of my friends work there and their food is just freaking good and also the only stuffed animal I brought to college with me is my Chick-Fil-A stuffed cow. My heart just goes pitter-patter every time I pull in to their parking lot. One time I rode to Chick-Fil-A in the trunk of my friend's car and I couldn't see where we were, but my heart still pitter-pattered when we pulled in to the parking lot.

Chick-Fil-A and All In are kind of the same type of environment. They're both Christian-ish (All In is Mennonite and I don't know much about their theology but I'm pretty sure it kind of counts as Christian) companies, but very diverse groups of people visit them. They both have scrum-diddly-umptious food and the best service you've ever had (one time Chick-Fil-A got an order wrong for my mom so they drove out to where she was to bring her the right food) and I don't know about you, but I want to be friends with all of the workers at both of these places. The small pieces of conversations I overhear at both of these places are pretty much always just super encouraging. I always leave feeling happy and refreshed.

The reason I wrote about these places today is because they are good. Good good good. If you haven't been to them, you most absolutely should. These are the places that make my heart warm even when I forget a jacket and the places I know I can go if I have news, either happy or sad. I'm serious about the intensity of my love for these places. If I love them enough to devote a whole blog post to them, it means I love them a lot. And you should too. 

Love, 
Lauralicious

No comments:

Post a Comment